facts about coffee
Ten Cool Things About
Wanna know a few new facts about coffee? Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about our favorite berry bean…
- Petroleum is the only commodity that is traded more than coffee. (See why I’m in the coffee business?) More than six million metric tons are produced each year.
- One acre of coffee trees can produce nearly two thousand pounds of coffee beans.
- Hawaii is the only state that grows coffee.
- Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Studies have shown that coffee can increase stamina and overall length of intimate sessions because of its high amount of caffeine and alkaloids.
- Coffee used to be considered to be the devil’s drink. After Pope Clement VIII took a sip of coffee and gave his blessing in the 1500s, it became accepted in the western world.
- People who buy coffee from a drive-through will spend an average of forty-five hours each year waiting in line for their coffee! If they switch to Organo Gold gourmet coffee, they could enjoy a healthier, tastier cup right from home, plus have an extra hour of time each week!
- October 1 is the official Coffee Day in Japan.
- Germany is the second largest coffee consuming country in the world. Nearly half of German coffee drinkers add sweetener to their coffee, while only about a quarter of American coffee drinkers add sweeteners.
- The word ‘coffee’ comes from the Latin word ‘coffea’ and is the name of a kind of tree.
- Fifty-three countries grow coffee, and all of them are located along the earth’s equator between the tropic of Capricorn and Cancer.
Lots of coffee machines are now available in the market with various features and prices. In choosing the right brand of this type of machine, it is very advisable to consider a lot of requirements for you to have the best product. Espresso machine Breville is one of the best brands of this type of machine.
Read the rest of the “espresso machine breville“: